On the front lines in the battle against ignorance, bullying, & discrimination!

Follow us on:

Twitter: @CorpTerrorism


YouTube: http://www.YouTube.com/institutionalterrorism

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

REELzHOT is a REALzRIP-OFF!

Signing up for a "FREE TRIAL" to watch streaming movies while abroad, I had to provide a credit card to start the trial. REELzHOT, https://reelzhot.com/users/loginpage, has their site set-up so that the next time you log-in to use your "FREE" trial, you have to click on some buttons to accept their "terms and conditions". Buried in those terms and conditions is a stipulation that you must "CANCEL" your membership within 5 days AND, being abroad, I could only cancel online and be charged to do so. Can you say scam? Rip-off?


Well, I missed the terms and conditions buried somewhere in the numerous pages of legal mumbo jumbo stating that I had to cancel MY FREE TRIAL within five days and, lo and behold, a charge for $49.95 appeared on my credit card five days later! $49.95 a month for a bunch of crappy, old, B-movies is ridiculous in its own right, so I went to the FAQs page. At the very top of their "Support" page, http://reelzhot.com/pages/support, in bold, blue lettering, is the FAQ: "Why was I charged $49.95 when I signed up for a free membership?" This is obviously a very common problem for their customers, to be so prominently displayed at the very top of their support page, so why do they continue to deceive their customers? How do they expect to stay in business ripping people off? In any event, I sent to following email to their support team:

$49.95 for a FREE membership?  It's obvious that I'm not the only one with this problem since it is AT THE TOP OF YOUR FAQs! Can you say CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT?...SURE YOU CAN!Please reverse this charge, in its entirety immediately, cancel my membership, and send me a confirmation. I agreed to a trial membership and not an auto upgrade to the standard monthly membership plan.  I should have known better than to give my credit card number for a :free trial".If you DO NOT reverse the charge COMPLETELY in the next 48 hours, I will contact my bank to have the charge reversed, then the BBB, the FCC, and the Attorney General of the United States to report your fraudulent practices. I will also contact dailytechpost.com, About.com, TrickTacToe.com, and Butterblog http://blog.buttermouth.com/2007/06/top-25-places-to-watch-free-movies-and.html to inform them of your fraudulent practices. Check out my blog, www.InstitutionalTerrorism.com, where your website will be prominently featured unless you comply within the next 48 hours. You have until 6:02 AM (CST) on 7/14/2012 to send my confirmation.
Well, true to my word, here is my post because the completely ignored me! I just filed a dispute with my bank and as soon as I return home in two days, I will file my complaint with the FCC, BBB, and U.S. Attorney General. We will see how much it will cost REELzHOT to answer those complaints...much more than the $49.95 the ripped me of for.


DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, USE REELzHOT OR SIGN UP FOR THEIR BS "FREE TRIAL"! Their movies suck and they obviously could care less about their customers!



CombatActivist out!



UPDATE


After sending a second email with a link to this post, I received the following:



We have received your email. Our customer service team will review your request and follow up with you within 24hrs. For a quicker response please contact us at 1(800)851-2403 US, Canada and +00 1(925)826-0681 International.

Sincerely,

Reelzhot.com


We apologize for not responding, but we never received your first email. You have been fully refunded.

Your account has been cancelled and refunded.

Refund transaction ID

Please allow up to 15 business days for it to show up in your account.
  
Sincerely,


I did receive the refund, but that does not excuse the deceptive practices they use or the crappy movies they make available. However, they were more responsive than many unethical businesses out there...so "GOOD ON YA" REELzHOT for "DOING THE RIGHT THING"!

Since writing this article, I have been contacted by countless victims telling me that I helped them get a refund from REELzHOT after signing-up for their FREE TRIAL. This is the reason I write these articles and if I can help just one person avoid the pain I have suffered at the hands of unethical, selfish, rude, and obnoxious businesses and individuals, it makes it all worth it!



CombatActivist...OUT!

Copyright 2013 - 3rd Wave Publishing, A Subsidiary of 3rd Wave Media Group, LLC - All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Very true i fell into the same trap. Hopefully i'll get my refund, these guys need to pay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is the REELzHOT Refund Policy (from their website):

    One (1) month, three (3) month or six (6) month premium members may cancel their subscription at anytime during the initial thirty (30) day period following registration and receive a one hundred percent (100%) refund of their respective membership price. No refunds will be issued after the first thirty (30) days of Service.

    PREMIUM MEMBERS WHO HAVE REGISTERED THROUGH A FREE TRIAL PROMOTION ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ANY REFUND AND DO NOT BENEFIT FROM THIS SATISFACTION GUARANTEE.

    All cancellations must be made by telephone at 1-800-851-2403 for the U.S.A. and Canada and 00 800-80888400 for international members, five (7) days a week, from 7:00AM to 12:00AM , Eastern Standard Time. Media Reel ltd, ICS INVEST LINE SRL reserves the right to modify or amend the satisfaction guarantee at anytime without prior notice.

    You can also email them at info@reelzhot.com. They have been pretrty good, as far as I know, about refunding payments to unsatisfied customers.

    Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

    CombatActivist

    ReplyDelete